My Entrepreneurship Story

My experience with entrepreneurship is limited. However, in senior year of high school, we had a project where we needed to create our own product/service and "sell" it to the other students. My group of three wanted to solve a problem that we noticed a lot of students had: forgetting a phone/computer charger at home. We got a large supply of chargers and set up a booth in which students could come and rent a charger from us. We also added the ability to have a charger delivered to any classroom they needed for an additional fee. To entice costumers to come to us, we also gave everyone who we rented to a piece of candy, and we called ourselves "Sweet Power." It was a fun project overall that I enjoyed doing, and I felt I gained valuable business/entrepreneurship experience from it.


This was one of our first drafts from when we originally came up with the idea.

Personally, I enrolled in this course for a few reasons. As a Telecom major, I am required to do an outside concentration. I chose to do a business concentration, and within that take this course, because I felt it would have the most value to me. Having increased business knowledge will only help me professionally, and the skills I develop in this entrepreneurship course can translate over to my potential career in telecommunication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

What’s Next?