Reading Reflection No. 3



1) You read about an entrepreneur:
  • What surprised you the most?
    • I think what surprised me the most is it didn't try to hide some of his less remarkable qualities (like his thoughts on women).
  • What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
    • I admire that his goal is essentially to help save humans from themselves.
  • What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
    • I don't like how often he snaps at people in anger-filled rampages.
  • Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
    • His journey to creating multiple hugely successful companies was littered with challenges, but his desire for perfection allowed him to overcome them, and then move on to his next project.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? 
He cares deeply about his work. He puts his all into it and doesn't stop until the output is perfect.

3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I was confused as to why the author spent as much time as he did talking about other people that aren't Musk. I get they are important to his story but not important enough to warrant as much detail as he added.

4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask him what his biggest fear is. I am sure he has some interesting thoughts on that. I would also ask what he thinks the next great achievement of mankind will be (besides colonizing Mars). I want to know more about not just his vision for an ideal future, bit a realistic future.

5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I think he is extremely passionate about hard work. The author mentions how he worked longer days than anyone. I also believe in the value of hard work, especially when your ambitions are as big as Musk's.

Comments

  1. Hi!
    I was a it confused on what book you choose because there wasn't a title at the beginning of the post. I like the question that you would ask Elon Musk "What is his biggest fear?" I would be interested to hear what he would have to say because he seems to be afraid of very little. You hit all the criteria for this post and overall did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Grant,
    After reading your post about the book you picked, it looks like you are talking about Elon Musk. I personally have not follow his business ideas or ventures closely, but your reading reflection has giving me an interest into learning more about him. It is kind of crazy that he wants to colonized Mars, but I don’t know what is his reasoning behind that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Grant!

    I wish you had written down what book you are reflecting on at the beginning of your post so that I would have known the book, but halfway through your post I figured out that you were reflecting on the Elon Musk biography. I never read this biography but I do believe that you read it at the perfect time since he just announced his new Cybertruck. Regarding your post, I do agree with your #5. I don’t know much about Elon Musk, but based on what I read about him, he seems to be pretty adamant about putting in hard work.

    Best regards,

    Matthew Mrnacaj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

What’s Next?