Idea Napkin

1. Who are you?
My name is Grant Leff. I am a junior from Weston, Florida. I have done a lot of work in the live television production field. I have worked for ESPN, CBS, HBO, and have interned in DC with a Congresswoman. However, my idea is focused on helping make school lunches healthier. I grew up eating school lunches, have worked at a school with kids, and have parents who are teachers, so I have been around school cafeteria food for a long time. I know from personal experience the problems it has, specifically in terms of healthiness.
2. What are you offering?
I am offering a company that would provide healthy school lunches to schools around the country for a  low price. We would have different packages that range from sending recipes, to sending ingredients, to sending trained chefs to the schools.
3. Who are you offering it to?
I will be offering this to schools. Specifically, we are targeting elementary school children and their teachers. They all rely on the food provided by the schools, so it is important that the food be healthy.
4. Why do they care?
The school will care because they are trying to keep parents happy, make their kids healthier, raise their test scores, satisfy their teachers, and raise their reputation. Providing healthy, delicious school lunches can accomplish all of those things. So, if my company can provide this service at a great price, the schools will absolutely be interested in it.
5. What are your core competencies?
To my knowledge there are not many services that are focusing on providing healthy and delicious food to all schools at a competitive price in this manner. So, to be able to accomplish this goal would separate my company from all other providers of school food around the country.

I believe all of these things fit together well. This is an untapped market with a definitive need for a service like the one I am trying to provide. There are few if any people who would oppose an idea like this. The only obstacle I potentially see is pricing. That is something I will have to work on in order for this company to be as successful as I envision. But, as a whole, I feel the service I am offering fits the customer base well because all students, parents, and teachers would want better, healthier food. At the same time, the schools have plenty of reasons to be in favor of using my service as opposed to whatever services they currently use. The one element that I see as weaker than the rest is my personal background. I don't have much experience that would be beneficial to starting a school food company, but I feel my idea and passion are strong enough to where I can surround myself with the right people in order to be successful.

Comments

  1. Hello Grant, you have done some interesting work, I just wonder how was it to intern for a congresswoman? I remember while attending high school most of the school lunches were cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets and pizza. So, I do belief there is a great potential for your business idea because school lunches are neither tasty nor healthy in most schools.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

What’s Next?