Elevator Pitch No.3



I really appreciated the feedback I got. They gave me a lot of helpful pointers to make my pitch better. The one that stood out the most to me was my swaying. I know that sway a lot in general, but after seeing multiple people point out to me how distracting it was, I went back and rewatched it, and I 100% agree. So, my main focus for this pitch was to control my swaying. I didn't totally eradicate it, but I was conscious of it as I recorded my pitch. I also took some advice from my first pitch and dressed more professionally. I agree that it gives the pitch a little more luster and makes it that much better. Overall, I think this is the best of my three pitches, and I definitely feel like I am getting significantly better at giving it.

Comments

  1. Hey Grant! I also have a problem of swaying when I talk, so I can relate to how hard it is to stop even when you are conscious of it. I think you did a great job keeping your swaying to a minimum though! You definitely seemed more confident in yourself and in your product in this pitch. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grant,

    Great pitch! I think you present your problem and solution very well. My suggestions involve your body language. As you mentioned, swaying can be distracting so keep working on that! Also, I noticed that you tend to keep your left hand in your pocket. Make sure to have both hands out and be more dynamic! Last, see if you can find a spot with better lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Grant,

    First of all, good job wearing appropriate professional attire for your pitch. This makes a good first impression and helps to boost your image when the pitch is being given. As for the swaying, I suffer from he same problem in my pitches as well. I've found that if I try to talk with my hands moderately while keeping my feet still that it will combat the swaying and leave me with the perfect amount of dynamic movement without being too fidgety. Also, the lighting could be better. Good work overall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

What’s Next?