Halfway Reflection

Some behaviors that I have developed is to keep a calendar. I realized the number of assignments that appear on Canvas look way more daunting than it is (there are three separate parts for each assignment with multiple assignments due each week), so I realized early on I need a calendar that I can check off assignments as I do them to keep me more organized. I got really frustrated and wanted to give up pretty early on, actually. In the first week, I saw that parts A and B for the first assignment were due on a Friday. So, that Friday afternoon I sat down and did the work. I finished around 3 pm and went to submit them, only to find that the assignments were due at noon. That was really frustrating to me and got me extremely annoyed. However, it was a great learning opportunity for me. I realized that I need to be more vigilant of assignment directions and be a few steps ahead to avoid completely avoidable situations like that. Had I read a little more closely I would have seen that it was due earlier than I thought. So, that moment gave the kick that I needed to work harder in this class and pay more attention, and I feel I have done a good job of that since then. My three tips would be to work a few days ahead (at least), keep a calendar of all the assignments, and put in as much effort as you can.

Comments

  1. Hey Grant!

    I completely agree with you on keeping a calendar. I also use a schedule to stay on top of assignments for all my classes. Luckily for me, I was able to catch the due dates early on, as I originally believed that the parts A and B were due Friday at night, too. I really like your optimistic view on the situation: instead of being upset and hard on yourself, you took that event and made it a learning moment. This ability is necessary if anyone is serious about entrepreneurship or pursuing their own personal ventures.

    Great job!

    Matthew Mrnacaj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

What’s Next?